Welcome to Lytle South Baptist Church
IN-PERSON WORSHIP SERVICES
ON SUNDAYS AT 10:45 A.M.
Click on the link below to watch the Live Streamed Sunday Service at 10:45 a.m.
as well as each previous Sunday’s Worship Service on YouTube.
IN-PERSON WORSHIP GUIDELINES
Entering the Building
- Masks are encouraged.
- If you have symptoms of infection like fever, cough, aches, weakness, etc., please stay home.
- Keep in compliance with social distancing.
- Please do not congregate in the foyer.
- Tables will be set in the foyer with bulletins.
- Go straight into the sanctuary; do not roam around the building.
- Keep at least two empty seats between parties in any row.
- Two or more members of the same household can sit adjacent to one another, with two seats empty on either side.
- Every other row will be left empty.
Leaving the Service
- We will dismiss one row at a time starting with the back row.
- An offering box for tithes and offerings will be placed on a table in the foyer.
High Risk Population
- If you are 65 or older or have a pre-existing health condition, you are encouraged by our governing authorities to stay at home and watch the service live on YouTube. If you decide to attend an in-person worship service, there are extra precautions that are being taken on your behalf.
- Enter the building at the door located by the office.
- A table will be provided with bulletins for the service.
- A designated area for seating will be set up on the west side of the sanctuary by the organ. You may enter the side door by the organ instead of entering through the foyer.
- You will also exit the building the same way you came in.
- An offering box for tithes and offerings will be placed on a table by the office door.
Worship Team and Staff
- Staff, Worship Team, and Ushers will be prescreened to make sure they are not running a fever and have not been exposed to Covid-19.
- Ushers are encouraged to be at the church by 10:15 AM.
Nursery, Sunday School, Children’s Ministry, and Youth Ministry
- There will be no Continental Breakfast, Sunday School, or Nursery for the time being.
- We will eventually open up our Nursery and Children’s Ministry for Sunday programing. We just don’t feel like now is the time to do so. We want to ensure we take baby steps in reopening and that we/you are comfortable with in-person worship again before expanding it to all our ministries.
- Sunday School classes, Youth Ministry, Men’s Ministry and Women’s Ministry do have the opportunity to use the Fellowship Hall to gather together if they are ready. They will just have to take turns and Dianne will help with the scheduling for this. Any group using the Fellowship Hall will be asked to use physical distancing guidelines and use disinfectant to wipe down tables after you are finished.
We consider ourselves a church family with a heart for our community. We are a multi-generational church that we hope has a place for everyone. Our main weekly events are our Sunday School and Worship Service on Sundays and then our Wednesday meal and age appropriate Bible Studies. In the fall and spring our home groups meet for food, fellowship, and a Bible study which follow the sermon series for that semester. We love to have various church-wide fellowships and to sponsor seasonal events for our community as well. Our Children’s Ministry, Student Ministry, Men’s Ministry, and Women’s Ministry are active and vital to the life of our church. We also are blessed at this time to have a Mother’s Day Out program and we sponsor a Trail Life Boys troop and an American Heritage Girls troop. Since 2014 we have sponsored the Rwandan Refugee church, Rest for the Nations Baptist Church.
We are a member of the Abilene Baptist Association, the Baptist General Convention of Texas, and the Southern Baptist Convention of Texas. We adhere to the Baptist Faith and Message of the Southern Baptist Convention.
Our worship service is a blend of traditional hymns and contemporary songs, which span the generations of our church family. Our prayer is that we can worship God in Spirit and in truth. Childcare is available for birth until age 4.
“I will praise The Lord at all times; His praise is always on my lips. My whole being praises The Lord. The poor will hear and be glad. Glorify The Lord with me and let us praise His name together”. Psalms 34:1-3
Lytle South Baptist Church began when Temple Baptist Church, located at 1073 Sycamore, became a mission church of First Baptist Church and relocated to southeast Abilene. Lytle South prepared for their relocation by holding Vacation Bible School under a tent for 2 years and by meeting in home Bible Study groups before constructing a new building and holding their first service on December 11, 1988 with 74 members making the move. Since that time, we’ve grown to over 250 members and built a Children’s Wing, a Sanctuary, remodeled our first building into a kitchen and a Fellowship Hall and added 5 more acres. Rodney Watson began pastoring Temple Baptist on July 1, 1984 and continues as pastor of LSBC today.
Mother's Day Out
KIDS AT LYTLE WILL RE-OPEN FOR A SPECIAL 6-WEEK SESSION STARTING JUNE 1
THERE WILL BE CHANGES IN OUR POLICIES TO BE SAFE DURING THE COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
Kids at Lytle MDO believes in the development of the whole child, which includes their physical, social, intellectual, emotional and spiritual growth and development. In our warm and loving environment, children are encouraged to reach their fullest potential in all areas of life.
Kids at Lytle MDO is open Mondays and Wednesdays September through mid-May 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Children ages 1-5 are welcome.
American Heritage Girls
American Heritage Girls are for girls
All girls in in grades K – 12 are invited to join American Heritage Girls, a Christian alternative to the Girl Scouts, which meet on Thursdays at 6:30 pm Lytle South Baptist Church in the Fellowship Hall. Special events are planned throughout the year. Check the calendar on this site for events, dates and times.
Trail Life USA
Trail Life is for boys
All boys in grades K – 12 are invited to join Trail Life, a Christian alternative to the Boy Scouts, which meet on Fridays at 6:30 pm Lytle South Baptist Church in the Fellowship Hall. Special events are planned throughout the year. Check the calendar on this site for events, dates and times.