Welcome to Lytle South Baptist Church
IN-PERSON WORSHIP SERVICES
ON SUNDAYS AT 10:45 A.M.
Click on the link below to watch the Live Streamed Sunday Service at 10:45 a.m.
as well as each previous Sunday’s Worship Service on YouTube.
May 20, 2020
“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” Psalm 107:1
I am so thankful to God for two firsts on Sunday! One, we had our first in-person worship service since March 15th, or in the past 8 weeks. Two, we had our first live-stream worship service in the history our church. I am both excited and relieved that those that wanted to worship in person could do so and those who wanted to worship from home could do so as well. We had 59 people attend the worship service and we had 25 different people/families worship with us on YouTube.
Thank you, Sammy, our worship team, and Nick, for making the in-person worship experience work and to Russell and Angie for making our YouTube worship experience work. Some aspects of our live worship will get better as we go along and so will some aspects of the YouTube worship experience.
I again want to thank our Deacons for laying the groundwork to open our church back up. Brandon and Charles worked on the Safety Guidelines that our Deacons eventually approved, but they were also were here Sunday morning making sure everything went as smoothly as possible.
Since we have begun to worship in person again, we also want to encourage our Sunday School classes, Men’s Ministry, and Ladies Ministry to be in prayer about when you will be ready to meet again in. When you’re ready, you can use the Fellowship Hall to meet in. It is the largest room that we have and it will be good for physical distancing. Just let me or Dianne know when you are ready and we can make sure your group gets on the calendar.
Shelter in place has been a different and difficult time for all of us. Thank the Lord he has been with us through all of it and he will be with us as things open back up at church and in our community. Join with me in being prayerful and careful as we open up our church.
Thankful for God’s goodness,
CHURCH SAFETY GUIDELINES
Entering the Building
- Masks are encouraged.
- If you have symptoms of infection like fever, cough, aches, weakness, etc., please stay home.
- Keep in compliance with social distancing.
- Please do not congregate in the foyer.
- Tables will be set in the foyer with bulletins.
- Go straight into the sanctuary; do not roam around the building.
- Keep at least two empty seats between parties in any row.
- Two or more members of the same household can sit adjacent to one another, with two seats empty on either side.
- Every other row will be left empty.
Leaving the Service
- We will dismiss one row at a time starting with the back row.
- An offering box for tithes and offerings will be placed on a table in the foyer.
High Risk Population
- If you are 65 or older or have a pre-existing health condition, you are encouraged by our governing authorities to stay at home and watch the service live on YouTube. If you decide to attend an in-person worship service, there are extra precautions that are being taken on your behalf.
- Enter the building at the door located by the office.
- A table will be provided with bulletins for the service.
- A designated area for seating will be set up on the west side of the sanctuary by the organ. You may enter the side door by the organ instead of entering through the foyer.
- You will also exit the building the same way you came in.
- An offering box for tithes and offerings will be placed on a table by the office door.
Worship Team and Staff
- Staff, Worship Team, and Ushers will be prescreened to make sure they are not running a fever and have not been exposed to Covid-19.
- Ushers are encouraged to be at the church by 10:15 AM.
Nursery, Sunday School, Children’s Ministry, and Youth Ministry
- There will be no Continental Breakfast, Sunday School, or Nursery for the time being.
- We will eventually open up our Nursery and Children’s Ministry for Sunday programing. We just don’t feel like now is the time to do so. We want to ensure we take baby steps in reopening and that we/you are comfortable with in-person worship again before expanding it to all our ministries.
- Sunday School classes, Youth Ministry, Men’s Ministry and Women’s Ministry do have the opportunity to use the Fellowship Hall to gather together if they are ready. They will just have to take turns and Dianne will help with the scheduling for this. Any group using the Fellowship Hall will be asked to use physical distancing guidelines and use disinfectant to wipe down tables after you are finished.
COVID-19 PRAYER LIST
May 28, 2020
“Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
With faith in God, let us join together in praying for: God to intervene and shorten the COVID-19 life-span.
- Our President as he seeks to lead our nation through this pandemic.
- The Center for Disease Control, federal, state, and local officials as they provide guidelines for our nation in trying to minimize the number of people who contract COVID-19.
- The needed testing kits, medicines, supplies, equipment, and vaccines to treat and control the virus now and in the future.
- The protection and strength of our health care workers as they provide the needed care for those that contract the virus.
- That none of our Abilene retirement homes and assisted living facilities will be infected with the virus.
- Enough groceries for our Taylor/Callahan County families.
- God’s protection upon our church members that we don’t contract the virus.
- Provision for the needs of our families and our church until the COVID-19 threat has subsided.
- Opportunities of ministry and outreach during this time when our regular church activities, ministries, and missions are on hold.
- That God would use COVID-19 to bring revival to the churches and an awakening of the unchurched in the Abilene area.
- That God would bless our In-person worship services.
- That God would bless our live-stream service on YouTube.
- That God would provide leadership in the planning and conducting our church ministries for the summer.
LSBC Deacons are working on a plan to re-open the church safely. They will meet on Monday, May 11 to finalize when we can meet in person again safely.
We consider ourselves a church family with a heart for our community. We are a multi-generational church that we hope has a place for everyone. Our main weekly events are our Sunday School and Worship Service on Sundays and then our Wednesday meal and age appropriate Bible Studies. In the fall and spring our home groups meet for food, fellowship, and a Bible study which follow the sermon series for that semester. We love to have various church-wide fellowships and to sponsor seasonal events for our community as well. Our Children’s Ministry, Student Ministry, Men’s Ministry, and Women’s Ministry are active and vital to the life of our church. We also are blessed at this time to have a Mother’s Day Out program and we sponsor a Trail Life Boys troop and an American Heritage Girls troop. Since 2014 we have sponsored the Rwandan Refugee church, Rest for the Nations Baptist Church.
We are a member of the Abilene Baptist Association, the Baptist General Convention of Texas, and the Southern Baptist Convention of Texas. We adhere to the Baptist Faith and Message of the Southern Baptist Convention.
Our worship service is a blend of traditional hymns and contemporary songs, which span the generations of our church family. Our prayer is that we can worship God in Spirit and in truth.
“I will praise The Lord at all times; His praise is always on my lips. My whole being praises The Lord. The poor will hear and be glad. Glorify The Lord with me and let us praise His name together”. Psalms 34:1-3
Lytle South Baptist Church began when Temple Baptist Church, located at 1073 Sycamore, became a mission church of First Baptist Church and relocated to southeast Abilene. Lytle South prepared for their relocation by holding Vacation Bible School under a tent for 2 years and by meeting in home Bible Study groups before constructing a new building and holding their first service on December 11, 1988 with 74 members making the move. Since that time, we’ve grown to over 250 members and built a Children’s Wing, a Sanctuary, remodeled our first building into a kitchen and a Fellowship Hall and added 5 more acres. Rodney Watson began pastoring Temple Baptist on July 1, 1984 and continues as pastor of LSBC today.
Mother's Day Out
KIDS AT LYTLE WILL RE-OPEN FOR A SPECIAL 6-WEEK SESSION STARTING JUNE 1
THERE WILL BE CHANGES IN OUR POLICIES TO BE SAFE DURING THE COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
Kids at Lytle MDO believes in the development of the whole child, which includes their physical, social, intellectual, emotional and spiritual growth and development. In our warm and loving environment, children are encouraged to reach their fullest potential in all areas of life.
Kids at Lytle MDO is open Mondays and Wednesdays September through mid-May 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Children ages 1-5 are welcome.
American Heritage Girls
American Heritage Girls are for girls
All girls in in grades K – 12 are invited to join American Heritage Girls, a Christian alternative to the Girl Scouts, which meet on Thursdays at 6:30 pm Lytle South Baptist Church in the Fellowship Hall. Special events are planned throughout the year. Check the calendar on this site for events, dates and times.
Trail Life USA
Trail Life is for boys
All boys in grades K – 12 are invited to join Trail Life, a Christian alternative to the Boy Scouts, which meet on Fridays at 6:30 pm Lytle South Baptist Church in the Fellowship Hall. Special events are planned throughout the year. Check the calendar on this site for events, dates and times.